Please note: Shipping for Disc Finishers is 6-8 weeks
This style of mass-finishing machine has a round chamber with a rotating disc in the bottom. The disc rotates and forces the mass out and up against the stationary chamber wall, where it begins to slow down. The mass slows further as it reaches the top of the load, just before it descends back down the middle toward the spinning disc, where the cycle is repeated.
The constantly varying speeds of media and parts generate excellent surface finishes in cycles that vary in duration between the vibratory machines and the centrifugal barrel. It is also possible to use disc machines for processing flat parts that will stick together in conventional vibratory machines.
These finishing machines can be fully automated but these options are generally costly and should only be considered if the volumes of parts to be finished is large or of high value.
BV Products has designed and built our own range of high energy disc machines for some 35 years at its Melbourne plane but we also have a number of strategic alliances with several of the world’s major manufacturers of surface finishing equipment from Europe, Asia and the US and subsequently we can offer a huge variety of equipment of varying specifications and cost. All of this equipment is of course fully supported by us.
DF Series Machines
Centrifugal Disc Finishing Machines are specially suitable for removal of strong burrs, intensive radiusing of small and mid-size parts as well as gently smoothing and high gloss polishing.
- Compact design suit for both wet and dry processing
- Working barrel is lined inside with hot poured high wear-resistant polyurethane for protracting working life.
- Tough bearing with high wear-resistant ceramic/tungsten alloy ring
- Distinctive gap adjusting system
- Variable frequency inverter Speed control for more option processing. Rotary in both clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Timer for repeatable precision processing.
- Automatic water recycling device.